Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Weekend Update

Friday:

Had a coffee session with the burgies at JP before catching a flick, Banquet. I think that the movie was overrated. It seems that the director wanted to bring out the story in a very beautiful and artistic way but had overdone it. Some of the scenes are actually funny then artistic. But I liked the plot thou, is about two women who seeked different priorities in lives. One seeked power over love, while the other seeked love over anything else. It seems to indicate women in the society these days, and how men (the roles of the emperor and the crown prince in the flick) are manipulated by them. From my own point of view, I think that Zhou Xun presented her character in the show well enough, as she managed to bring out her affection and lust towards the prince, and her desire towards life before she died. Zhang Ziyi on the other hand, couldn't bring out the wild part of the empress, and her desire towards having the kingdom as her own. She did a good job at seducing the emperor thou. The pros and costumes in the show were good. (Rating: 7/10)

Saturday:

Dinner with the poly cliques at Butt's Dad's stall. The sambal chilli and the stingray were good. Sat on the lorry while going to ktv at chevrons. I like siting on lorries. Having the wind blowing towards the face makes one think. I thought about a few stuffs, and proud of myself for making certain moves. =)

Sunday:

Sunday is no fish day. =( Went to the fish farm at Punggol to fish for four hours with bro-in-law. Dad and Mum joined us thereafter. Luckily the sun was good and the environment was lovely, to accompany a NO - FISH me. Bro-in-law got a snapper thou.




Anyway, I bought a new pond fishing rod. Dad's green old rod for the open sea, which accompany him since his marriage life started (32 years and still counting on!), will be retiring with glory. So, I have to delcare bankrupt now for the $140 spent on the limited edition rod, the shimano Sienna 1000FB gear, as well as to refill some fishing accessories.

ShawnTay - I hope to have my virgin catch for this rod soon! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home